Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Statler

Default Enter dates and return availability

Hi. I want to be able to enter a couple of dates and have excel then pull out
the availability of a product between those dates... For example:
I want to know how many items are availalbe between the 1st Jan and 5th Jan.
So I enter the dates and can excel then check my data and sum the items from
each day? So if there were 8 things available on each day, it would return
40.

Can anyone help? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Assuming dates in A2:A10, quantities in B2:B10. Further assuming
StartDate in G1, EndDate in G2.

=SUMPRODUCT(B2:B1, --(A2:A10=G1), --(A2:A10<=G2))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Statler

Thankyou! That's just the pointer I needed - have been working with it over
the weekend and the sumproduct is good, thanks! Go well.