Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Help Me - I need to switch these names

Default HelpNeed to know what formulas I need to use to move names in a co

Working with a data base that has names in a column as follows:
Smith James & Sara or Jones Sam R & Mary J
and I need them to read
James & Sara Smith and/or Sam R & Mary J Jones
can someone tell me the formulas I need to use in order to accomplish this
or where I can find help in Microsoft office to accomplish this.
Thank you in advance for any assistance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

This works with your two example (name in A1)
=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

ft.com wrote in message
Working with a data base that has names in a column as follows:
Smith James & Sara or Jones Sam R & Mary J
and I need them to read
James & Sara Smith and/or Sam R & Mary J Jones
can someone tell me the formulas I need to use in order to accomplish this
or where I can find help in Microsoft office to accomplish this.
Thank you in advance for any assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

If the names are in A1:A100, enter the following formula in row 1 of a
helper column (e.g., B1) and auto-fill to the last row.

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,120)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran