Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
solitaire

Default Multiple Lines in List Box?

I don't know if this is the right forum but I am trying to make a
listbox that will hold more then one line of information so that I can
populate other parts of the worksheet.

Here is an example when you pick the name: Herman

you will populate Herman with his address, phone number, etc.... Like a
database but in Excel. Is this possible? I know how to do the single
line list box but can't find no information on a multi-line one....

--
solitaire
solitaire's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30883

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

I'm not sure why you want to hold the data in a list box.

Hold the data in an excel list where the name (assumed to be a unique
identifier) is the key field.

Then in the cells which need populating use a formula like

=vlookup(SelectedName,tblExcelList,DataType,False)

The DataType would the column number of the lookup table.

I hope this helps

Phil