Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red

Default Formula Help

I desparately need to know if a formula can be created for my spreadsheet. I
have a cell I just need to click and a check mark appear, but in another
cell, in another sheet in the same spreadsheet I need a dollar amount to
appear. Example: I collect money for rent for different buildings. Each
building has its own worsheet in the spreadsheet. Then I have a summary
spreadsheet that has all the deals I want to get a yearly total for. One
building I receive $400 a month. Its will be the same every month so I just
want to put a check mark each month to know it was received. However, I want
a formula that says once a check mark appears in individual building cell
sheet, the 400.00 will appear and total itself for the whole year on the
summary sheet tab. I know this sound confusing, but I did not know if it was
possible? Need to know ASAP.. Thanks RED
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

Hi Red.

Try this simpler solution
Lay out your worksheet like this
Row 1: Titles
Column A: Building Name or other identifier
Column B: Monthly rent for the building in $ (Format as currency)
Column C-N: Jan - Dec
Column O: Year to date.

in rows 2 - n (where n is any number) enter the building details.

e.g.

A2: XYZ Building Downtown
B2: $300
C2: Enter a "1" if the rent as been recieved.
D2:N2 as above
O2: =B2*sum(C2:N2) (you can copy this formula down to all the remaining rows)

Hope this helps

"Red" wrote:

I desparately need to know if a formula can be created for my spreadsheet. I
have a cell I just need to click and a check mark appear, but in another
cell, in another sheet in the same spreadsheet I need a dollar amount to
appear. Example: I collect money for rent for different buildings. Each
building has its own worsheet in the spreadsheet. Then I have a summary
spreadsheet that has all the deals I want to get a yearly total for. One
building I receive $400 a month. Its will be the same every month so I just
want to put a check mark each month to know it was received. However, I want
a formula that says once a check mark appears in individual building cell
sheet, the 400.00 will appear and total itself for the whole year on the
summary sheet tab. I know this sound confusing, but I did not know if it was
possible? Need to know ASAP.. Thanks RED

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red

There are 31 buildings I am keeping track of and the person I am doing the
spreadsheet for wants each to have its own sheet. So there is reall no way
for a formula to read check mark in one cell = $ amount in another cell?