Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stehelp

Default hyperlink in drop-down list

How do you keep the hyperlink URL active in a dropdown list. On one
worksheet I have the following in a cell
=HYPERLINK("[http://www.juniper.net/marketing/product_marketing/junos/docs/easy-to-learn-junos.pdf]JUNUS",
"JUNOS 101 White Paper") . I have named the 4 cells test. On another
worksheet in the workbook I created a validation list and enter the name
=test. But when I use the drop-down list ithe hyperlink function does not work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sunnyland

Here one Solution, you may want to try. Paste the following code into
the worksheet that contains your validation list. Replace the column
number. I took 10 in my solution.
After that when you validate the cell and go to another cell,
it will become an hyperlink as I do not think it is possible to have
the link still active in a validation.

Let me know what you think.
Francoise;)

'In sample 10 is the column Number, replace with the number position of
your validation hyperlink
If Target.Column = 10 Then
'If one cell selected then transform the address in hyperlink
If Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then
Hyperlinks.Add Target, Target.Text

sunnyland
sunnyland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30871