Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George

Default Excel Formula's

I am trying to if statements that take information from sheet 1 and transpose
it on to sheet 2. I want to keep the formulas for other worksheets as this
going to be used as a template for about 200 worksheets. How do I do this
without having the formula always reference the original worksheet in the
formula when bring it over. For example the formula looks like this:
=IF(Sheet1!AZ33=0,Sheet1!AF33,Sheet1!AZ33)
Then when I copy it over it looks like this:
=IF('[Bank of Nova Scotia bord id 200.xls]Sheet1'!AZ33=0,'[Bank of Nova
Scotia bord id 200.xls]Sheet1'!AF33,'[Bank of Nova Scotia bord id
200.xls]Sheet1'!AZ33)
I need help as this problem could cause serious time problems for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

George
One way is to change the formulas so they aren't formulas before you
copy them, then change them back after you paste them into the other sheet.
For example, in your template sheet, click on Edit - Replace. In the block
for what to replace put "=". In the block for what to replace it with put
"George=".
Now copy and paste the formulas as you wish. Then go into the paste sheets
and replace (Edit - Replace again) the "George=" with "=".
If you have a prohibitive number of sheets you need to do this with, and if
you are familiar with macros, you might record a macro for the task. Post
back if you want to go the macro route and you need further help. HTH
Otto