Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SystemHack

Default Highlighting an entire row using conditional formatting.

I know how to use conditional formatting to apply a format to a certain
cell if it's value is a certain range or item.

Is there any way to highlight the entire rown containing that item if
it matches ?

For example, I have columns A, B, and C. If column C = X , I want to
highlight the entire row (A, B, C) for that entry.

Any way to do this ?

--
SystemHack
SystemHack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26614

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Select the range of cells in question. I'll assume A1:C1

Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =$C$1="x"
Set your format(s)
OK out

Biff

"SystemHack" wrote
in message ...

I know how to use conditional formatting to apply a format to a certain
cell if it's value is a certain range or item.

Is there any way to highlight the entire rown containing that item if
it matches ?

For example, I have columns A, B, and C. If column C = X , I want to
highlight the entire row (A, B, C) for that entry.

Any way to do this ?

--
SystemHack
SystemHack's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505232

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SystemHack

ok .. problem with this is I have something like 500 rows .. I would
have to sit and enter that for each row individually .. would take
forever. Any shorter ways ?

--
SystemHack
SystemHack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26614
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505232

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Select the range of cells. I'll assume it's A1:C500

Formula is: =$C1="x"

Biff

"SystemHack" wrote
in message ...

ok .. problem with this is I have something like 500 rows .. I would
have to sit and enter that for each row individually .. would take
forever. Any shorter ways ?

--
SystemHack
SystemHack's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505232

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SystemHack

Works absolutely perfect man .. thanks !!

I know have already helped alot but would you mind explaining how you
get that formula ? If not no biggie .. it's doing what I need thanks.

--
SystemHack
SystemHack's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26614
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505232

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

The cells to be colored are based on the selection, so you
selected all cells -- well you could have anyway.

The formula is based on the active cell and determines whether
the cell will be colored.
If A1 is the active cell and you used
=A1=1 then each cell would be evaluated against 1
If you use $A1 in stead of the active cell then each cell
will be evaluated to what is in column A and the active
cell could be any cell on row 1.

More information on Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
---
HTH,

"SystemHack" wrote Works absolutely perfect man .. thanks !!