Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Keno

Default Get number of a cell in a list.

Hi there im new and been using excel for a week or two now.
What I wanted to know is this, say I had a list of dates all in a
column and beside it I had another column and in this one I want a
formula to say were abouts in the list the cell next to it is for
example in cell D2 i want a formula that tells me what position in the
list the date in cell C2 is.
Sorry Im not very good at explaining this its for a group thing im
doing and if i put in the date of when the person joined it would tell
me what member they would be like the 93rd member or something. If you
want me to explain better i'll try, Thanks for any help.

--
Keno
Keno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30832