Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boggis2000

Default Lookup help (simple)

Hello all,

I am using the Lookup function in my workbook sucessfully but want to make
the code slightly more streamlined. The code is as follows:

=LOOKUP(C$1,Main!B2:B1000,Main!K2:K1000)

The idea is to lookup the value in cell C1 in column B on another sheet and
load the corresponding value from column K. The problem is that it only
looks in the first 1000 rows and not the whole column. I probably won't need
more than a 100 entries, or I could change it to a higher value, but I was
wondering if it could just search the whole column or is that not possible?

Many thanks

Andy Baldwin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

You need to amend your formula slightly:

=LOOKUP(C1,Main!B2:K1000,10,0)

You can make the "1000" after the K as large as 65536 if you want to
look at the whole column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete

Sorry Andy, I thought this was VLOOKUP - please ignore.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boggis2000

Thanks, I knew it would be simple!