Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boggis2000

Default Lookup help (simple)

Thanks, I knew it would be simple!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=LOOKUP(C$1,Main!B:B,Main!K:K)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Boggis2000" wrote in message
Hello all,

I am using the Lookup function in my workbook sucessfully but want to make
the code slightly more streamlined. The code is as follows:

=LOOKUP(C$1,Main!B2:B1000,Main!K2:K1000)

The idea is to lookup the value in cell C1 in column B on another sheet

and
load the corresponding value from column K. The problem is that it only
looks in the first 1000 rows and not the whole column. I probably won't

need
more than a 100 entries, or I could change it to a higher value, but I was
wondering if it could just search the whole column or is that not

possible?

Many thanks

Andy Baldwin