astronautika

Default Nested vlookup?

Hello,

I have too worksheets. One has SSN, Accident Date and Claim Number. The
other just has SSN and Accident Date. I would like to pull claim number to
the second sheet based on SSN and Accident date. In other words, I need
Excel to check both the SSN and accident date.

I was trying to use If and vlookup but I'm not having any luck. Any
suggestions? Here is the general idea:

Sheet 1
A B C
1 SSN Acc Date Claim Number
2
3
4

Sheet 2
A B
1 SSN Acc Date
2
3
4

Frank Kabel

Hi
try the following type of array formula (entered with
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=INDEX('sheet1'!$C1:$C$100,MATCH(1,('sheet1'!$A$1: $A$100="SSN1")*('shee
t1'!$B$1:$B$100="Account_date1"),0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel