Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Boggis2000

Default Lookup of data

I hope someone here can help me. I am not a "high-end" user of Excel but I
do know my way around. I often use Data Validation Lists to allow me to
select a value from a list. The problem I have is that this method will not
call up data from another worksheet.

What I want to do, for example, is to be able to have a list of usernames on
one worksheet, and from another worksheet, click on a cell and have a drop
down box where I can select a username in the list in the first worksheet.

It wouldn't be a problem if it was only one instance but there will be
several worksheets calling values from the list and several cells on each
one. If anyone has an easy way of doing this then please, please let me know.

Many thanks

Andy Baldwin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

If your list is on another worksheet, you'll need to name the list range.

Select the list
InsertNameDefine
Names in Workbook: LU_MyList
refers to: (your already selected list)
Click the [OK] button

Now refer to LU_MyList in your Data Validation.

For LOTS more information on Data Validation see Debra Dalgleish's website:

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro