Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
a.j

Default hiding worksheets in excel

I do not know how to hide a worksheet in excel, so that even the tab
does not show. Can anyone help me out please?

TIA:)

--
a.j
a.j's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30778

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

Two ways.

1. Select the worksheet then use the menu options Format, Worksheet, Hide.
This can be reversed by Format, Worksheet, Unhide and then selecting the
worksheet from the dialogue box.
2. In Excel 2003 right click on the TAB, select "View Code". The visual
basic editor VBE showing the properties for the worksheet opens. Look for
the characteristic "Visible" Change the selection to 0 (Hidden) or 2 (Excel
Very Hidden)
NB if you use the latter you will need to go back into VBE to "unhide" it.

"a.j" wrote:

I do not know how to hide a worksheet in excel, so that even the tab
does not show. Can anyone help me out please?

TIA:)

--
a.j
a.j's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30778
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504441

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Craig

Phillip-

I had never heard of being able to have Very Hidden option. I tried to do
this to a tab, but do not see when the option is to change the visible
status. Is there a code you must enter to get this function to work?

Also, by making a tab "Very Hidden" will the tab name even show up when you
go to the Format/Sheet/Unhide option?

Thanks

"a.j" wrote:

I do not know how to hide a worksheet in excel, so that even the tab
does not show. Can anyone help me out please?

TIA:)

--
a.j
a.j's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

Hi Craig.

Sorry that option seems to be new to Excel 2003.
To utilise this facility you will need to go into the Visual Basic editor.

1. Press [Alt] [F11] this will open the Visual Basic Editor.
2. There are a number of windows in this view.
The window to the upper left window is titled Project - VBA Project.
The current sheet is highlighted.
Select the name of the sheet you want to hide or "unhide"
The window to the lower left is titled "Properties - name of sheet
highlighted"
3 In the lower left window there are two tabs. They present the same
details but in a slightly different order.
On either tab select on the "Visible" property. A down arrow selector
will appear, click on it. Three options are available select the approprate
one.

The second option ExcelSheetHidden can be accessed from menus - see my first
reply below.

"a.j" wrote:

I do not know how to hide a worksheet in excel, so that even the tab
does not show. Can anyone help me out please?

TIA:)

--
a.j
a.j's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Craig

Phillip-

Thanks! This is great. I didn't have the properties window up and visible.
So that was my problem Thanks again.

Craig

"a.j" wrote:

I do not know how to hide a worksheet in excel, so that even the tab
does not show. Can anyone help me out please?

TIA:)

--
a.j
a.j's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TheChris

Once a worksheet is hidden, however, is there any way to still access it
via a hyperlink in an unhidden worksheet in the same workbook?

--
TheChris
TheChris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31077