Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lambo999

Default Track time

Hi everybody, I created a spreadsheet (Office XP) with all my music
collection and it includes the time for every tracks. I just can't find the
way to format the cells without it seeing my time as a time of the day. For
example, if I enter 3:38 for the lenght of the track, regardless of the way
that I format the cell, it see's it as 12:03:38 AM in the function bar at the
top even if I format the cell to mm:ss. I know that when I export that data
to another program, it will see it as 3:38 but why does the function bar
always shows the time of day instead...

Just very curious
--
Lambo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Don't be concerned. That's just Excel's convention. The real duration is
still:0.151388889. You can still add or subtract durations.

--
Gary's Student