Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leigh

Default How can I fix values in cells calculated by formula in Excel

I have been given a very large spreadsheet I want to manipulate but most of
the cells have values created by formulas and I'm having difficulty moving
and rearranging rows without losing data. It would be helpful if I could just
freeze the values in the cells and then move the data around. I can't find a
simple way of doing this - can anyone help please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

This might work for you:

1. Select all of your data
2. Edit -- Copy
3. Move to a new blank worksheet (or unused area of same worksheet)
4. Edit -- Paste Special
5. Select "Values"
6. OK

HTH,