Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Serge

Default conditional formula

I need a solution for entering data in any one cell out of seven in a range
in one row. I need to be able to select any cell but only one, if data is
entered in an other cell in the same range, it needs to create an error
message
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid

Serge,
The formula

=COUNTBLANK(A1:G1)<=6

Will return TRUE if you fill more than one cell in A1:G1. This formula
can be used in Data Validation (Custom), in Conditional Formatting
(with Formula Is:) or in a single cell next to the data as in:

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:G1)<=6, "", "Not more than one entry")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

You could use data validation with a custom formula of say

=COUNTA($M$4:$M$10)<2

which will trap entry on input.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Serge" wrote in message
I need a solution for entering data in any one cell out of seven in a

range
in one row. I need to be able to select any cell but only one, if data

is
entered in an other cell in the same range, it needs to create an error
message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Serge

Hello Kostis,
Unable to make it work

"vezerid" wrote:

Serge,
The formula

=COUNTBLANK(A1:G1)<=6

Will return TRUE if you fill more than one cell in A1:G1. This formula
can be used in Data Validation (Custom), in Conditional Formatting
(with Formula Is:) or in a single cell next to the data as in:

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:G1)<=6, "", "Not more than one entry")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Serge

Hello Bob,
Unable to make this one work as well

"Serge" wrote in message
I need a solution for entering data in any one cell out of seven in a

range
in one row. I need to be able to select any cell but only one, if data

is
entered in an other cell in the same range, it needs to create an error
message

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Serge

Hello Bob,
I tried one more time, this time it works. I needed to copy the formula to
adjacent cell in that row range.
But now it seems I'm not able to copy the formula in other rows without
having to change the row number every time.