doddlebugger

Default How do I make a formula for precentages?

I have a number of miles to be surveyed and each day I will keep track of
these miles I want a formula to calculate the precent of miles surveyed.
Steve H.

Total Miles to Survey in A1
Total Miles Surveyed in A2
=A2/A1 in A3

Format A# as percent

"doddlebugger" wrote in message
I have a number of miles to be surveyed and each day I will keep track of
these miles I want a formula to calculate the precent of miles surveyed.

BenjieLop

doddlebugger Wrote:
I have a number of miles to be surveyed and each day I will keep track
of
these miles I want a formula to calculate the precent of miles
surveyed.

If I undertand your post ...

Column A (start with A2) is where you enter number of miles surveyed on
a daily basis. For this exercise, let us assume that your column A will
extend up to A30.

Enter this formula in B2: =sum($A$2:A2) and copy down until B30.

Enter this formula in C2: =B2/"total miles" and copy down until C30.

NOTE: The denominator, "total miles", is a constant. This number is the
total miles that need to be surveyed.

Hope this helps.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=314075

Gord Dibben

Assuming your miles to be surveyed in D2

Assuming daily miles entered in column A starting in A2

In B2 enter =IF(A2="","",A2/$E$2) to return daily percentage.
Drag/copy down column A

In C2 enter =IF(A2="","",SUM($A$2:A2)/$E$2) to return a running total.
Drag/copy down Column B

Note the dollar($) signs. These must be left as is.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP