Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jolver

Default IF it will work?

I am new to excel using "if statements", but I was told that I could
probably use excel to determine the total points assessed based on date
values. My rules are this:

90 days with no point = subtract oldest point
then every 30 subsequent days without a point = subtract next oldest
point
and/or subtract oldest point that was assessed 365 days ago.

Is this possible to do with the IF statement?

I posted earlier in the misc forum, but doesn't look as if anyone could
help there

--
jolver
jolver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30462

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

Question:

90 days with no point - Subtract oldest point from what?

You haven't given enough information to be able to answer your question.

"jolver" wrote in
message ...

I am new to excel using "if statements", but I was told that I could
probably use excel to determine the total points assessed based on date
values. My rules are this:

90 days with no point = subtract oldest point
then every 30 subsequent days without a point = subtract next oldest
point
and/or subtract oldest point that was assessed 365 days ago.

Is this possible to do with the IF statement?

I posted earlier in the misc forum, but doesn't look as if anyone could
help there

--
jolver
jolver's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501389

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

I posted earlier in the misc forum,
but doesn't look as if anyone could help there

I think that's because nobody could understand what you were asking for! You
need to provide a better explanation.

Biff

"jolver" wrote in
message ...

I am new to excel using "if statements", but I was told that I could
probably use excel to determine the total points assessed based on date
values. My rules are this:

90 days with no point = subtract oldest point
then every 30 subsequent days without a point = subtract next oldest
point
and/or subtract oldest point that was assessed 365 days ago.

Is this possible to do with the IF statement?

I posted earlier in the misc forum, but doesn't look as if anyone could
help there

--
jolver
jolver's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501389

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jolver

I'm sorry for not giving enough info on the earlier post. I am so used
to seeing this that I made some assumptions that were incorrect. I do
apologize for that.

I am using an attendance tracking tool that assign's 1 point to an
associate if they miss work. Each associate can accumulate 12 points in
a year without serious consequence. We also give that associate an
avenue to reduce the number of accumulated points throughout the year.
The way it works is this. I receive 1 point for each occurence of
missing work. However, If I can go 90 days without another missed work
day that point will be removed from my total, and every 30 days after
the 90th day without missing work another point will be removed, or on
the 1 year anniversary of the 1st point it will be removed.

Example:

Jan 1st, I miss work and receive 1 point.
Jan 5th, I miss work again and receive a point.
Jan 15th, I miss work and receive another point.
I now have 3 points total.

April 15th - I have not missed another day since Jan 15th, so the point
I received on Jan 1st is removed. (90 day mark)
May 15th - I still have not missed any other days, so the point I