Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
damorrison

Default Looking up several number

I am looking for a way to look up different items with the same
number, how can I do this, I think VLookup can search for the number
only once!
Dave
(I may have already sent a similar message, but can't find it)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

One play to try ..

Assume source data in Sheet1, cols A and B, from row1 down

111 Text1
111 Text2
112 Text3
113 Text4
112 Text5
etc

In Sheet2,
The number, eg.: 111, will be input into A1

Put in B1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROW(A1))),"",
INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROW(A1)),C:C,0)))

Put in C1:
=IF($A$1="","",IF($A$1=Sheet1!A1,ROW(),""))
(leave B1 empty)

Select B1:C1, copy down by as many rows as the source data in Sheet1

Col B will return the required results (for input in A1: 111) :

Text1
Text2

Change A1 to: 112, and you'd get:

Text3
Text5
--
Max
Singapore
"damorrison" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for a way to look up different items with the same
number, how can I do this, I think VLookup can search for the number
only once!
Dave
(I may have already sent a similar message, but can't find it)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Check out Data Filter AutoFilter..........it may do what you
want........it will filter out all the rows of a database that have a common
value in a specific column......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"damorrison" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for a way to look up different items with the same
number, how can I do this, I think VLookup can search for the number
only once!
Dave
(I may have already sent a similar message, but can't find it)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Scratch/disregard this line ..
(leave B1 empty)

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
damorrison

Thanks alot I will play with this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

You're welcome !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"damorrison" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks alot I will play with this!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
damorrison

I wasn't looking for the autofilter, the formula the max sent me,was
what I wanted; Thanks everybody for replying!
Dave