mjiverson121

Default Excel

How do I bring attention to or highlight a particular cell in a column,
knowing that a different cell may need to be highlighted depending on how the
data changes? For example, I have a spreadsheet, across the top are my
products, along the side are issues with those products. The number of
issues for a particular product may change monthly, but I want to highlight
the cell which has the highest number for a particual issue at any given
time, knowing that the location of the highest number may change. Help!!!
Jim

hey thats easy, simple u just need to mark up which product has highest no
of issues and then highlight it.

u can do it by this way!

Write the no of issues in a colm range, get the maximum no in that range.
put conditional formatting to that range specifying the condition to return
the MAX func.

--
Hope it Helps!
Jim

"mjiverson121" wrote in message
How do I bring attention to or highlight a particular cell in a column,
knowing that a different cell may need to be highlighted depending on how

the
data changes? For example, I have a spreadsheet, across the top are my
products, along the side are issues with those products. The number of
issues for a particular product may change monthly, but I want to

highlight
the cell which has the highest number for a particual issue at any given
time, knowing that the location of the highest number may change. Help!!!

LanceB

You could use conditional formatting
Under Format|Conditional Format

Change the Value is dropbox to Formula is

=A1 = MAX($A$1:$A$5)

Range A1:A5 is formated, the max value in the range will be formatted as
desired

Lance

"mjiverson121" wrote:

How do I bring attention to or highlight a particular cell in a column,
knowing that a different cell may need to be highlighted depending on how the
data changes? For example, I have a spreadsheet, across the top are my
products, along the side are issues with those products. The number of
issues for a particular product may change monthly, but I want to highlight
the cell which has the highest number for a particual issue at any given
time, knowing that the location of the highest number may change. Help!!!

Frank Kabel

Hi
- select the range (e.g. A2:X2)
- goto 'Format - Conditional Format'
- choose 'Formula' and enter the following formula:
=A2=MAX($A2:$X2)
- chhose your format

--
Regards