Felicity Geronimo

Default Nexsted if across 3 columns

Hi,

I need to check 3 columns nx to each other to see if true or false
appears in these cells for example:

A B C
FALSE TRUE FALSE
#N/A #N/A #N/A
FALSE FALSE TRUE
FALSE FALSE TRUE
FALSE FALSE TRUE
#N/A #N/A TRUE
#N/A #N/A TRUE
#N/A #N/A TRUE
#N/A #N/A TRUE
#N/A #N/A TRUE
TRUE FALSE FALSE

I want to write a formula that says if column A = false, check column
B, if that also says false check column C

If True appears in column A i want it to display column A
If True appears in column B i want it to display column B
If True appears in column C i want it to display column C
If any column contains #N/A i want it to move to next column and check
again
If all 3 columns contain #N/A I want it to display "Not found"

Thanks
Jason Morin

Try this in D1 and fill down:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(TRUE,A1:C1,0)),TRUE,"Not Found")

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

.

Bernard Liengme

If you want a true naive formula!!!
=IF(ISNA(C1),IF(ISNA(B1),IF(A1,"Col A","?"),IF(B1,"Col B",IF(A1,"Col A"))),
IF(C1,"Col C", IF(ISNA(B1),IF(A1,"Col A","?"),IF(B1,"Col B",IF(A1,"Col
A")))))

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme