Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scott

Default formulas\conditional formating

In my ss I have a cell say b1 with a formula in it. Under certain conditions
when this cell = another cell I have conditional formating turn the number to
red. This color change indicates that you need to enter in the correct
reading in place of the formula in the same cell. Is there a way that once
the correct number is entered in place of the formula that it will chnage
back to black. The number entered will still equal the other cell but I
thought there may be a way since the formual is missing. Thanks

Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Add a UDF

Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

and than add that in the CF formula

=AND(IsFormula(A10),A10=3)

as an example

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"scott" wrote in message
In my ss I have a cell say b1 with a formula in it. Under certain

conditions
when this cell = another cell I have conditional formating turn the number

red. This color change indicates that you need to enter in the correct
reading in place of the formula in the same cell. Is there a way that once
the correct number is entered in place of the formula that it will chnage
back to black. The number entered will still equal the other cell but I
thought there may be a way since the formual is missing. Thanks

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scott

Bob

I am not sure I understand. Wher do I put the formula you are suggesting

"scott" wrote in message
In my ss I have a cell say b1 with a formula in it. Under certain

conditions
when this cell = another cell I have conditional formating turn the number

red. This color change indicates that you need to enter in the correct
reading in place of the formula in the same cell. Is there a way that once
the correct number is entered in place of the formula that it will chnage
back to black. The number entered will still equal the other cell but I
thought there may be a way since the formual is missing. Thanks

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

In a code module. In Excel, Alt-F11 to the VBIDE, insert a module,
InsertModule, and paste that code in. Then close the VBIDE and go back to
Excl.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips