Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JerryS

Default Generating a report

I have a spreadsheet where all orders are entered as the come in. Each order
has a unique date, rep, dollar amount, quantity and so on entered in rows. I
want to build tabs for each month that contain a report summary of specific
rows, such as orders or an individual rep or product. I want everything on a
row from the order input page to copy over to the report page. Any ideas?
Thanks
--
JerryS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

I do this frequently, using Data Filter AutoFilter to extract the rows I
want, and then just Copy Paste to copy them to another sheet..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"JerryS" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where all orders are entered as the come in. Each order
has a unique date, rep, dollar amount, quantity and so on entered in rows. I
want to build tabs for each month that contain a report summary of specific
rows, such as orders or an individual rep or product. I want everything on a
row from the order input page to copy over to the report page. Any ideas?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JerryS

I do that too but I'm wanting it to automatically populate the report. Thanks
though for your idea.
--
JerryS

"JerryS" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where all orders are entered as the come in. Each order
has a unique date, rep, dollar amount, quantity and so on entered in rows. I
want to build tabs for each month that contain a report summary of specific
rows, such as orders or an individual rep or product. I want everything on a
row from the order input page to copy over to the report page. Any ideas?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Jerry

It sounds an ideal layout to use a Pivot Table.
You can then analyse the data any which way you want.

Take a look at
and

for help in getting started.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"JerryS" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where all orders are entered as the come in. Each
order
has a unique date, rep, dollar amount, quantity and so on entered in
rows. I
want to build tabs for each month that contain a report summary of
specific
rows, such as orders or an individual rep or product. I want
everything on a
row from the order input page to copy over to the report page. Any
ideas?
Thanks
--
JerryS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

It can all be done with macros, but the code would be specific to your exact
application..........I do a Machine Shop Logbook now in a similar manner
whereby I have a number of "buttons" in a frozen header, with macros assigned
to produce each special report for any given time period...............lotsa
code involved there though......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3