Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arenlor

Default Can you call functions between sheets in the same book in excel?

I have a cell that I want to change based on when a cell in another sheet
changes, is there any way to do that or do I have to manually change it each
time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Absolutely, you can do this. But more detail about just what you're trying
to do would help us help you...
If you just want the cell to reflect the change in the other worksheet, you
would just enter the formula ='Source Sheet Name'!A1, for example. Likewise,
you could incorporate that cell reference in some other funtion:
=function('Source Sheet Name'!A1).

"Arenlor" wrote:

I have a cell that I want to change based on when a cell in another sheet
changes, is there any way to do that or do I have to manually change it each
time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arenlor

Default Can you call functions between sheets in the same book in exce

What I am trying to do is have cell E2 of Sheet1 (names to keep this simple)
update anytime F1 updates in Sheet2 and F2 of Sheet1 to update when F2 of
Sheet two does also, or if somehow it is simpler, the two listed in F2 will
be keeping total of seperate columns in Sheet2

"Arenlor" wrote:

I have a cell that I want to change based on when a cell in another sheet
changes, is there any way to do that or do I have to manually change it each
time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
paul

as bpeltzer wrote its easy.The easiest way to do it is
for e2 sheet1 type= in cell e2,then click on the tab for sheet 2 and click
on cell f1
the resulting formula is =sheet2!F1,and for cell f2 on sheet 2 just type in
f2 =f1.Its obviously very easy to type =sheet2!f1 but actual sheet names can
be more complex!
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!