petr

Default How do I join two excel sheets?

I use Excel 2000 and I have problem as follows:
I have records in two sheets (sheetA and sheetB), every record has its
uniqie IDnumber. Some rocords are just in sheetA or just in sheetB , but
some records are in both sheets. I need to create one table, where will be
records from sheets A and B, but every record only once.

Can you please help me?

Thank you,
Petr
Duke Carey

Create a new sheet - in the same or new workbook

Copy both sets of records into the new sheet, one right below the other -
with no blank rows and only one set of column headers

After all the data is in one sheet, and with any cell in the data selected,
use the menu to choose

Data | Filter | Advanced Filter

In the dialog box that comes up, choose 'Copy to another location' AND check
the 'Unique records only' box. Then in the 'Copy to' text box enter a cell
to the right of your current data.

After you click on OK, Excel will give you a new list with all your unique
records

Duke