Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andrew C

Default Validaation List

Hi

I have a spreadsheet with a list of Client Names in it. Column B Has their
First name and Column C has there surname Column D has there Postal area.

I want to be able to have a drop down list that shows there complete name
and Postal Area. Is this possible??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PowerWheels

Concatenate the cells in the next column and do the dropdown list off
that column.

Use something like this =A2& " "&B2& " "&C2 in cell D2 say.

--
PowerWheels
PowerWheels's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30045

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

You'd have to use a helper column where you concatenate the names and post
codes:

Assume the range of names and codes are in B1:D10.

In E1 enter this formula and copy down to E10:

=B1&" "&C1&" "&D1

Then, as the source for the drop down: =$E$1:$E$10

Biff

Then use column E as the source for the drop down.