Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ

Default ISNUMBER

In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on J2 being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into J2 and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2 and F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ

Yes they do. My error message states "You've entered too many arguements for
this function". But remember, I don't want any text in cell K2 if no numbers
are entered in F2 and J2. I intend to copy down this formula.

"RJJ" wrote in message
In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on J2

being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into J2

and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2 and

F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ

I've tried your suggestion but, the text label changes accordingly with
regards to greater than or less than however a text label is present in K2
even if no numbers are entered in J2 & F2.

RJJ wrote:
In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on J2 being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into J2 and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2 and F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Try this

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),IF(J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label
B"),"")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RJJ" wrote in message
In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on

J2
being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into

J2
and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2

and
F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label

B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ

Close. The text label changes accordingly but am still having text show up in
K2 even though there are no numbers entered in F2 and J2. Could it be because
J2 and F2 are results of another arguement? In other words, F2=D2*E2 and
J2=D2*I2. So when I say nothing is in F2 or J2, what is really happening is
that there is nothing entered into D2, E2, or I2. However, a formula resides
in F2 and J2 with a "zero" value. Zero values are hidden in tools/options.

"RJJ" wrote in message
In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on

J2
being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into

J2
and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2

and
F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label

B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ

Got it. This is was worked.

=IF(AND(F20, J20),IF(J2F2,"Text Label 1","Text Label 2"),"")

Thanks so much for all your help.

"RJJ" wrote in message
In cell K2, I wish to have the appropriate "Text LabeL" depending on

J2
being
greater than or less than F2 but only if a value has been entered into

J2
and
F2. I would not want any value in K2 if no values are entered into J2

and
F2.
This is what I am attempting but not working. Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F2), ISNUMBER(J2)),J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label

B")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Aladin Akyurek

Sorry, I meant to say:

=IF(COUNT(F2,J2)=2,IF(J2F2,"Text Label A","Text Label B"),"")

But this will consider also real 0's in F2 and J2 as a hit.