Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I assign a value to check box in excel

I am creating an order form. I would like to have a check box that when
checked places a pre-determined value (dollar amount) in a cell. Help<
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Hi,

There may be a more efficient way to do this, but try this. After you
create a checkbox, right click on the checkbox and choose 'Format
Control'. In 'Format control' window, go to Cell link and enter a cell
name for eg. A2 and click 'OK'. Whenever, the checkbox is checked A2
will return True and when it is unchecked A2 will return False.

Now, write the following formula in the cell, where you need the
pre-determined value

=IF(A2=TRUE,40,0) (Change 40 to predetermined value you need)

Regards

Govind.

wrote:
I am creating an order form. I would like to have a check box that when
checked places a pre-determined value (dollar amount) in a cell. Help<

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Link the checkbox to a cell. The linked cell will return either TRUE for
checked, or FALSE for unchecked.

Then, in the cell where you want the dollar amount entered based on the
checkbox, enter a formula like this:

Assume the linked cell is B1 and the cell for the dollar amount is C1:

Formula in cell C1:

=B1*dollar_amount

When the checkbox is unchecked the result will be 0. When the checkbox is
checked the result will be the dollar_amount.

If you don't want the 0 to be displayed when the checkbox is unchecked then
use this formula:

=IF(B1,B1*dollar_amount,"")

Biff