Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Default How do I assign a value to check box in excel

Hi,

There may be a more efficient way to do this, but try this. After you
create a checkbox, right click on the checkbox and choose 'Format
Control'. In 'Format control' window, go to Cell link and enter a cell
name for eg. A2 and click 'OK'. Whenever, the checkbox is checked A2
will return True and when it is unchecked A2 will return False.

Now, write the following formula in the cell, where you need the
pre-determined value

=IF(A2=TRUE,40,0) (Change 40 to predetermined value you need)

Regards

Govind.

wrote:
I am creating an order form. I would like to have a check box that when
checked places a pre-determined value (dollar amount) in a cell. Help<