Paul Adams

Default DSUM frustrations

I'm trying to get DSUM to work but am struggling. It seems very
inflexible to me. If you look at the example it give you in Excel help
about apple trees and pear trees and it shows you how to sum the profit
of the apple trees to get $225. Thats fine, I can understand that but it
would be nice if they showed you how you got it to sum the profit of the
pear tree. I can't get it to do it without summing the apple trees too.
I'm getting very frustrated trying to figure it out and DSUM seems
quite useless if you cant get it to count pear tree profit by
themselves. Please can someone help?

Thanks

Paul

--
Paul Adams
Paul Adams's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10468

ehntd

http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/dsum.htm

Take a look at this, it might help you clarify whatīs going on with
DSum.

--
ehntd
ehntd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15865

ehntd

Why donīt you try a Pivot Table, that will probably give you something
you can use.

Take a look he

http://www.er.uqam.ca/merlin/xw999998/eng/exltcd.htm