Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Star

Default When I type a constant number I want another number to appear.

I am working with a large budget but repetive numbers. Instead of typing
large numbers, I would like for a small constant number i.e."9", I would like
the formula to calculate it as 30,000. That way 30,000 will be subtracted
instead of 9. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Insert a blank sheet in your workbook
A1: (enter one of your repetetive numbers)

Give that cell a meaningful name (like BaseAmt)....by doing this...
In the Name Box (just above the Col_A heading) type: BaseAmt and press [Enter]

Now, click on a blank cell and press the [F3] key
Select the name you created from the list an press [Enter] to select that
name.
Edit the formula as needed.
Press [Enter] again to commit the formula.

If that's something you can work with, create as many named cells as you need.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Star" wrote:

I am working with a large budget but repetive numbers. Instead of typing
large numbers, I would like for a small constant number i.e."9", I would like
the formula to calculate it as 30,000. That way 30,000 will be subtracted
instead of 9. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

One way would be for the "formula" that will be interrogating your data-entry
cell to refer to it as a VLOOKUP function and have an "interpretation table"
set up to convert 9 to 30,000 etc.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3