-   -   When I type a constant number I want another number to appear. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/62852-when-i-type-constant-number-i-want-another-number-appear.html)

Star

When I type a constant number I want another number to appear.

I am working with a large budget but repetive numbers. Instead of typing
large numbers, I would like for a small constant number i.e."9", I would like
the formula to calculate it as 30,000. That way 30,000 will be subtracted
instead of 9. Is this possible?

Ron Coderre

When I type a constant number I want another number to appear.

Try this:
Insert a blank sheet in your workbook
A1: (enter one of your repetetive numbers)

Give that cell a meaningful name (like BaseAmt)....by doing this...
In the Name Box (just above the Col_A heading) type: BaseAmt and press [Enter]

Now, click on a blank cell and press the [F3] key
Select the name you created from the list an press [Enter] to select that
name.
Edit the formula as needed.
Press [Enter] again to commit the formula.

If that's something you can work with, create as many named cells as you need.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Star" wrote:

I am working with a large budget but repetive numbers. Instead of typing
large numbers, I would like for a small constant number i.e."9", I would like
the formula to calculate it as 30,000. That way 30,000 will be subtracted
instead of 9. Is this possible?

CLR

When I type a constant number I want another number to appear.

One way would be for the "formula" that will be interrogating your data-entry
cell to refer to it as a VLOOKUP function and have an "interpretation table"
set up to convert 9 to 30,000 etc.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3