Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sony654

Default Shifting Calculated Result - Re-Issued

Sorry... The text on first post shifted and looks like ****. First of all
let me wish a happy new year to the group. I appreciate everything the group
has done to help... and it has. Her is my recent function dilema.

I'll illustrate below. I want to be able to shift a calulated value based
on the date it was entered.

I want to be able to post the results by date and have each result
maintained in the database. Thanks for your insight. I know this should be
possible.

10/22 10/23 10/24 A1 formula result
14.00 14.50 14.25 A2 formula result Results by date
A3 formula result 10/22 10/23 10/24
----------------
TOTAL: (a1..a3) 69.00 72.34
71.05**

The above TOTAL ** The above is based on
changes
each date in the
calculated
TOTAL

-
Sony Luvy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Barb Reinhardt

You probably aren't getting replies because it's not clear what you want.
Can you show us what you have and are trying to "shift". The whole SHIFT
issue isn't clear to me at all.

"sony654" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sony654

Barb - Your right. My post is difficult to explain. Below you will see that
values are entered in to the worksheet on 10/22, 10/23 and 10/24. As the
entered values each day impact the calculation of A1..A3, the sum of A1..A3
updates based on the most rercent value entered (14.25 on 10/24). As the
result calculates each day, I'd like to be able to "save" the calculated
value by date and post it to the right of the A1..A3 TOTAL. Is there a way
to reference the value by the date it was calculated?
For example, when the value for 10/24 is entered, I don't want the
calculations for 10/22 and 10/23 to go away. Shift isn't a good explanation.
I want to be able to trend the daily values of the calculation A1..A3.
Thanks for your patience, and for giving this a second look.

--
Sony Luvy

"sony654" wrote in message
Sorry... The text on first post shifted and looks like ****. First of
all
let me wish a happy new year to the group. I appreciate everything the
group
has done to help... and it has. Her is my recent function dilema.

I'll illustrate below. I want to be able to shift a calulated value based
on the date it was entered.

I want to be able to post the results by date and have each result
maintained in the database. Thanks for your insight. I know this should
be
possible.

10/22 10/23 10/24 A1 formula result
14.00 14.50 14.25 A2 formula result Results by date
A3 formula result 10/22 10/23 10/24

----------------
TOTAL: (a1..a3) 71.05 69.00 72.34 71.05**

The above TOTAL ** The above is based
on changes each date in the calculated
TOTAL

-
Sony Luvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

wrote
[...]

Hi

Maybe you should hold your data a different way.
Suppose on Sheet1 in column A you had Dates, with a heading in A1 of
Date, and in column B the values, with a heading in B1 of Value.

On sheet2, in cell B1 enter =TODAY(), in B2 =TODAY()-1, in B3 =TODAY()-3
On sheet2 in cell A1 enter
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000<=B1),Sheet1!$B$2:$B$1000)
copy the formula down through cells A2:A3

Now cells A1 to A3 will represent the cumultaive values up to the given
dates, in my example, the last 3 dates.
Change the value in B1 to wahtever you want, and B2 and B3 will change
to reflect the preceding 2 days.

Does this achievewaht you are after?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You probably aren't getting replies because it's not clear what you
want. Can you show us what you have and are trying to "shift". The
whole SHIFT issue isn't clear to me at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sony654

Roger - When I follow the instructions below it returns the value of "0" in
Sheet 2, A1 thru A3. Please advise. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
Pleae advise if I need to tweak the formulas. Thanks for your help - Sony
--
Sony Luvy

wrote

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You probably aren't getting replies because it's not clear what you
want. Can you show us what you have and are trying to "shift". The
whole SHIFT issue isn't clear to me at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Sony

Perhaps your values in column B are not numbers but text which looks
like numbers.
Try amending the formula to

"sony654" wrote in message
Roger - When I follow the instructions below it returns the value of
"0" in
Sheet 2, A1 thru A3. Please advise. I'm sure I'm doing something
wrong.
Pleae advise if I need to tweak the formulas. Thanks for your help -
Sony
--
Sony Luvy

wrote