Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pushpendra

Default Multiple row

I have a data like following

Power Qty
+0.25 20
+0.50 30
+0.75 40
+1.00 10
+1.25 15
+1.50 17

I want to insert data for each power not exceeding the total quantity of 10
and for each group of 10 quantities; I want to give a number like 1,2,3,4
etc.

Like This:

Power Qty Number
+0.25 10 1
+0.25 10 2
+0.50 10 3
+0.50 10 4
+0.50 10 5
+0.75 10 6
+0.75 10 7
+0.75 10 8
+0.75 10 9
+1.00 10 10
+1.25 10 11
+1.25 5 12
+1.50 5 12
+1.50 10 13
+1.50 2 14

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Not very sure, but maybe you want something like this:

Assume this is in cols A and B, data from row2 down

Power Qty
+0.25 20
+0.50 30
+0.75 40

etc

Put in C2: =IF(D2="","",COUNTIF($D$2:D2,"x"))
Put in D2: =IF(B2="","",IF(B2<=10,"x",""))
Select C2:D2, copy down as far as required

Col C will return the required sequential numbering

Is the above what you're after ?
--
Rgds
Max
"Pushpendra" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

I had presumed the duplicate numbering below
was a typo in your post:

+1.25 5 12
+1.50 5 12

--
Rgds
Max
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pushpendra

"Max" wrote:

I had presumed the duplicate numbering below
was a typo in your post:

+1.25 5 12
+1.50 5 12

--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
Singapore, GMT+8
xdemechanik
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
--

No, it doesn't work.

I actually want to insert multiple row from a single row automatically
against a given row with a criterial not greater than 15 or any number and
after every group of 15; I want to assign a number like 1,2,3 automatically.

For eg:
Power Qty Power Qty No
+0.25 35 +0.25 10 1
+0.50 12 +0.25 10 2
+0.25 10 3
+0.25 5 4
+0.50 5 4
+0.50 7 5
And so on.

help me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

No, it doesn't work...

Thanks for feedback. Guess the suggestion wasn't what you wanted. I'm out of
ideas here. Hang around awhile for possible views from others. Good luck !
--
Rgds
Max