Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sherry

Default Want to have accumulative totals in each row

I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it has been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Sherry
Apparently the formulas you have in the second column are giving you the
result you are getting. Post back and tell us what you want to happen and
include the formulas you now have in the second column. Include just a
couple of the formulas. HTH Otto
"Sherry" wrote in message
I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sherry

I would like to have each row hold it's own total "not" the row total and
entire column. Amount Sold Total
Jams =($B$+C4)
Spread

"Sherry" wrote in message
I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sherry

Sorry somehow it got sent without me finishing.
Amount Sold Total
Jams =($B$4+C4)
Spreads =($B$5+C5) and I have used Mcgimsey's advice
to make an accumulative total In macros. This is the problem I am having.

"Sherry" wrote in message
I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Sherry
You say:
"I would like to have each row hold it's own total "not" the row total and
entire column."
That is not clear to anyone who doesn't know what you have and what you
want.
Be specific about what you have. Like:
I have this in cell xxx.
I have that in cell yyy.
I have this other in cell zzz.
And so forth.
And so forth.
I have a formula in cell abc and it says =asdfg.
I want that formula to give me the sum of this and that.
A lot of people are reading what you write and will help you in any way they
can. HTH Otto

"Sherry" wrote in message
I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but
when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it
has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sherry

What I want is the rows to keep accumulative totals like row b4 6 and row b5
8 but i want to be able to to keep that total b5 without it adding on to
total b4. My Formulas are these =($B$4+C4) and =($B$5+C5) and so on in each
row to keep its own accumulative total. Does this help?

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Sherry
You say:

"Sherry" wrote in message
I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but
when I
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it
has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1
Spread 2 3?Why

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sherry

This is just a simple inventory of keeping total each kind of product sold so
if I punch in b4 6 of that kind sold and then 7 of that kind sold again it
should total 13 and it does but when I go to b5 and punch in 6 for that kind
sold and then again punch in 7 it will give a total of 13 and b4 will total
26. I don't want the other rows of totals being added together. so as ex.
Amount Sold Total
Jams 2
2 Formula ($B$4+C4)
Spreads 2
2 Formula ($B$5+C5)
the top total b4 will change to 4 I don't want
that.Does this help?