Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

Default Want to have accumulative totals in each row

Sherry
Maybe I'm just having a bad day but I can't figure out what you have and
what you want to have. Also, these postings jostle data a bit to further
confuse the issue.
If you wish, prepare a small Excel file clearly showing what you have. Also
clearly show what you want to have. Include as much explanation as you can
about what you have and what you want. Send me that file direct via email.
My email address is . Remove the "nop" from this
address. HTH Otto
"Sherry" wrote in message
This is just a simple inventory of keeping total each kind of product sold
so
if I punch in b4 6 of that kind sold and then 7 of that kind sold again it
should total 13 and it does but when I go to b5 and punch in 6 for that
kind
sold and then again punch in 7 it will give a total of 13 and b4 will
total
26. I don't want the other rows of totals being added together. so as ex.
Amount Sold Total
Jams 2
2 Formula ($B$4+C4)
Spreads 2
2 Formula ($B$5+C5)
the top total b4 will change to 4 I don't want
that.Does this help?

I have this page setup with formulas for each row to keep totals but when
add a number to nest row it adds that number and the number from the
previous
row how do I get around this? I will mention I am new at this and it has
been
learn as I go.
Amount Sold Total
Jam 1 1