Todd

Default formula to sum all sum calculations in a column

Is there a way to add up all the =sum() formula's in a column and ignoring
all other calculations?

Here is what I have

=b4-c4
=b5-c5
=b6-c6
_____
=sum(d2:d5)

=b8-b8
=b9-c9
_____
=sum(d6:d8)

This goes on a hundred times and I want to add all the sums without having
to enter +d7+d10+etc.. I can't use the data grouping function because it
scares the user to see it and the number of rows used will fluctuate. Is
there a way to do this?

TIA
Todd

Frank Kabel

Hi
depends if you somehow can identify these vells. e.g. do they have a
label in another column or are they always at specific cell positions

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Todd" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

JulieD

Hi Todd

if you do a search & replace to replace =SUM(
with
=SUBTOTAL(9,
you can then use
=subtotal(9,the_full_range)
function at the bottom to add up all the ranges excluding the other
subtotals

alternatively, you could just sum the whole lot & divide by 2 ???

Cheers
JulieD