proactive

Default Can you enter a formula in a cell that auto-inputs calculations a.

Can you enter a formula in a cell that auto-inputs calculations for a
specific label?
I have a spreadsheet that documents a label in one column and within the
same row has a $ figure that pertains to that label. ex:
Produce $10.00
Meat $3.00
Dairy $8.00
I want to calculate the sum for all produce totals at the bottom of the
spreadsheet without having to select each individual cell (A1+A5+A8) that has
the word produce in the cell next to it ....

Frank Kabel

Hi
=SUMIF(A1:A20,"Produce")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

proactive wrote:
Can you enter a formula in a cell that auto-inputs calculations for a
specific label?
I have a spreadsheet that documents a label in one column and within
the same row has a $ figure that pertains to that label. ex:
Produce $10.00
Meat $3.00
Dairy $8.00
I want to calculate the sum for all produce totals at the bottom of
the spreadsheet without having to select each individual cell
(A1+A5+A8) that has the word produce in the cell next to it ....

Frank Kabel

Hi
sorry, make this
=SUMIF(A1:A10,"Produce",B1:B10)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

proactive wrote:
Can you enter a formula in a cell that auto-inputs calculations for a
specific label?
I have a spreadsheet that documents a label in one column and within
the same row has a $ figure that pertains to that label. ex:
Produce $10.00
Meat $3.00
Dairy $8.00
I want to calculate the sum for all produce totals at the bottom of
the spreadsheet without having to select each individual cell
(A1+A5+A8) that has the word produce in the cell next to it ....

Marti

Doesn't the 'Group And Outline' feature from the Data menu create the same
result. Of course, the data must first be sorted by the column containing
the groups (i.e., produce, meat, dairy)

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
sorry, make this