Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Default Look At Two Dates

Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)

Now I need to add this:

Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24, if I put a date
in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to total the days
between R24 and S24.

I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work date. S24 would be
a revised date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

One way that ought to give you what you want ...
=MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
|
| Now I need to add this:
|
| Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24, if I
put a date
| in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to total the
days
| between R24 and S24.
|
| I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work date. S24
would be
| a revised date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

This still totals the days between R and U.

Even though U has a date, once a date is input in S, then S and U should
total the days. S will not always have a date

"ScottO" wrote:

One way that ought to give you what you want ...
=MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
|
| Now I need to add this:
|
| Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24, if I
put a date
| in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to total the
days
| between R24 and S24.
|
| I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work date. S24
would be
| a revised date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

Sorry Roy, but I'm having trouble understanding the requirement.
If you look at your explanation in your first posting and the
explanation in your second posting they seem (to me) to be
contradictory.
In 1st post you said "... if I put a date in S24 ... I want the
formula to total the days between R24 and S24", but in 2nd post you
say "... once a date is input in S, then S and U should total the
days".
From the 1st post I thought you what you wanted was "R to U, unless
there was an entry in S in which case it should be R to S".
Please clarify.
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| This still totals the days between R and U.
|
| Even though U has a date, once a date is input in S, then S and U
should
| total the days. S will not always have a date
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| One way that ought to give you what you want ...
| =MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
| Rgds,
| ScottO
|
| "roy.okinawa" wrote in
message
| | Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
| |
| | Now I need to add this:
| |
| | Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24, if
| put a date
| | in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to total
the
| days
| | between R24 and S24.
| |
| | I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work date.
S24
| would be
| | a revised date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Thanks for the wake-up call. Been a busy day so far. My fingers and brain
are not cooperating. Here is what I need added to OP formula:

R and U are currently totaling max days.

If I put a date in S, I want S and U to total. R will still have its
original date. S is a revised date which overrides R. S will be blank if no
revision required.

Thanks again.

"ScottO" wrote:

Sorry Roy, but I'm having trouble understanding the requirement.
If you look at your explanation in your first posting and the
explanation in your second posting they seem (to me) to be
contradictory.
In 1st post you said "... if I put a date in S24 ... I want the
formula to total the days between R24 and S24", but in 2nd post you
say "... once a date is input in S, then S and U should total the
days".
From the 1st post I thought you what you wanted was "R to U, unless
there was an entry in S in which case it should be R to S".
Please clarify.
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| This still totals the days between R and U.
|
| Even though U has a date, once a date is input in S, then S and U
should
| total the days. S will not always have a date
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| One way that ought to give you what you want ...
| =MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
| Rgds,
| ScottO
|
| "roy.okinawa" wrote in
message
| | Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
| |
| | Now I need to add this:
| |
| | Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24, if
| put a date
| | in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to total
the
| days
| | between R24 and S24.
| |
| | I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work date.
S24
| would be
| | a revised date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

Then (with a minor mod to my first suggestion), does this work for
you ...
=MAX(DAYS360(if(IsBlank(S24),R24,S24),U24),0)
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| Thanks for the wake-up call. Been a busy day so far. My fingers
and brain
| are not cooperating. Here is what I need added to OP formula:
|
| R and U are currently totaling max days.
|
| If I put a date in S, I want S and U to total. R will still have
its
| original date. S is a revised date which overrides R. S will be
blank if no
| revision required.
|
| Thanks again.
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| Sorry Roy, but I'm having trouble understanding the requirement.
| If you look at your explanation in your first posting and the
| explanation in your second posting they seem (to me) to be
| contradictory.
| In 1st post you said "... if I put a date in S24 ... I want the
| formula to total the days between R24 and S24", but in 2nd post
you
| say "... once a date is input in S, then S and U should total the
| days".
| From the 1st post I thought you what you wanted was "R to U,
unless
| there was an entry in S in which case it should be R to S".
| Please clarify.
| Rgds,
| ScottO
|
| "roy.okinawa" wrote in
message
| | This still totals the days between R and U.
| |
| | Even though U has a date, once a date is input in S, then S and
| should
| | total the days. S will not always have a date
| |
| | "ScottO" wrote:
| |
| | One way that ought to give you what you want ...
| | =MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
| | Rgds,
| | ScottO
| |
| | "roy.okinawa" wrote in
| message
| | | Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
| | |
| | | Now I need to add this:
| | |
| | | Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24,
if
| | put a date
| | | in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to
total
| the
| | days
| | | between R24 and S24.
| | |
| | | I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work
date.
| S24
| | would be
| | | a revised date.
| |
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Thanks.

"ScottO" wrote:

Then (with a minor mod to my first suggestion), does this work for
you ...
=MAX(DAYS360(if(IsBlank(S24),R24,S24),U24),0)
Rgds,
ScottO

"roy.okinawa" wrote in message
| Thanks for the wake-up call. Been a busy day so far. My fingers
and brain
| are not cooperating. Here is what I need added to OP formula:
|
| R and U are currently totaling max days.
|
| If I put a date in S, I want S and U to total. R will still have
its
| original date. S is a revised date which overrides R. S will be
blank if no
| revision required.
|
| Thanks again.
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| Sorry Roy, but I'm having trouble understanding the requirement.
| If you look at your explanation in your first posting and the
| explanation in your second posting they seem (to me) to be
| contradictory.
| In 1st post you said "... if I put a date in S24 ... I want the
| formula to total the days between R24 and S24", but in 2nd post
you
| say "... once a date is input in S, then S and U should total the
| days".
| From the 1st post I thought you what you wanted was "R to U,
unless
| there was an entry in S in which case it should be R to S".
| Please clarify.
| Rgds,
| ScottO
|
| "roy.okinawa" wrote in
message
| | This still totals the days between R and U.
| |
| | Even though U has a date, once a date is input in S, then S and
| should
| | total the days. S will not always have a date
| |
| | "ScottO" wrote:
| |
| | One way that ought to give you what you want ...
| | =MAX(DAYS360(R24,if(IsBlank(S24),U24,S24)),0)
| | Rgds,
| | ScottO
| |
| | "roy.okinawa" wrote in
| message
| | | Have this formula: =MAX(DAYS360(R24,U24),0)
| | |
| | | Now I need to add this:
| | |
| | | Even though this is totaling the days bewtween R24 and U24,
if
| | put a date
| | | in S24 (this would override U24), I want the formula to
total
| the
| | days
| | | between R24 and S24.
| | |
| | | I need to keep the date in U24. It is the original work
date.
| S24
| | would be
| | | a revised date.