Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilralph

Default Validation Help....

Thanks in advance
I have been assigned to design our Fire Department montly schedule. I
have a template that we currently use. It use validation to make a drop
down list of employees to choose from. It works great but has room for
human error such as selecting same person twice.
Now to the question is there a way when selected name is used it will
not appear on list.

Once again thanks
Ralph

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29949

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html

--

HTH

RP

"lilralph" wrote in
message ...

Thanks in advance
I have been assigned to design our Fire Department montly schedule. I
have a template that we currently use. It use validation to make a drop
down list of employees to choose from. It works great but has room for
human error such as selecting same person twice.
Now to the question is there a way when selected name is used it will
not appear on list.

Once again thanks
Ralph

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilralph

Thanks Bob I was wondering if this is a link to your site? I checked it
out and it worked on single day but need it to work on 10 day schedule
for our firedeparment which consist of 30 employees on my shift.
If this is not your work I will see if the site manager can help. Still
a little lost.

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29949
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

No it is not my site, but I know the technique well as use a modified
version of it myself.

Do you mean that you want to allocate A& B on day 1 say, and then on day 2
A&B will be excluded from the list of available people? IF so, I would have
thought that the technique would do that?

--

HTH

RP

"lilralph" wrote in
message ...

Thanks Bob I was wondering if this is a link to your site? I checked it
out and it worked on single day but need it to work on 10 day schedule
for our firedeparment which consist of 30 employees on my shift.
If this is not your work I will see if the site manager can help. Still
a little lost.

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilralph

Thanks again Bob.
Possible you can fill out the formula for me. I need to have a separate
but same list for each day. If you can help please let me know. Also I
would love to know what I am missing.
Thanks
Attached template for Fire Department

|Filename: Schedule.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4169 |

lilralph
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29949
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

I would need more info to complete this. What is STA. 35, 26 etc.? Where
would the DVs be, and where would the next be after a selection? Where does
Leave and Training come into it?

--

HTH

RP

"lilralph" wrote in
message ...

Thanks again Bob.
Possible you can fill out the formula for me. I need to have a separate
but same list for each day. If you can help please let me know. Also I
would love to know what I am missing.
Thanks
Attached template for Fire Department

|Filename: Schedule.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4169 |

lilralph
lilralph's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilralph

I would need validation set by Date all 30 employees (29 employees and 1
blank) per date. Station 35,36 ETC. is our Station location we have to
schedule 29 employees each shift. Example Station 35 would have up to 3
employees per day and each day of the month is differnt beacuse of
vacation and Kelly Day(which is a day your platoon is schedule but you
off due to senority. Example mine is Sunday. What I was tring to
accomplish is have a list for all employees on Day1 (jan2) and when I
select employee from list they would be removed.
Then on Day2 (jan5) use the same list or master list with all employees
back on list and as I select they be removed.
I would need validation in all squares on schedule

Sta.35-39=Station location employee is to report
360-350-370=Station Chief Officer is to report
Kelly=Employee day off
Vacation=Employee vacation
Leave=Employee needing leave, Breavemnet
Training=Employee sent to training

Each name will only be used once per calander day. with a total of 10
days because our schedule is 24hr onduty 48 off (FYI)
thanks

--
lilralph
lilralph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29949
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lilralph

Bob I was wondering if you had any additional question.
Thanks
Ralph