Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rj

Default cell formula

I have a workbook that I am doing where the numbers in one column are
numbers that I need to refer as another word or value in that work book.
When I type in 1000389 on another sheet in this workbook, I want the next
designated column to read future. When I type in customers item number on
one sheet I want to insert a column on next sheets that whenever this number
is typed into a cell the cell next to it displays my company part number
which may be a name next to the corresponding customer item number.

My Customer's Item # Description My company part number

1000389 New Shoes FUTURE
1000399 Used Coat NO BID
1000401 New Coat NO BID
1000431 Baby's Chair AZ1160-BVV