Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hayakawa

Default Excel recalculates on startup?

I am having trouble with some spreadsheets I create on one system and then
move over to another system for people to view. Used to be, I would do this
and you could open the spreadsheet up and see the values. Recently, and what
changed I don't know, when the spreadsheets are opened I get the #NAME? error
in all the fields, as if Excel is trying to recalculate upon opening - and
failing, since the spreadsheets were created using Citrix, which doesn't
exist on the second system. How do I keep this from happening - short of
doing a values-only copy of each spreadsheet? Any insight is greatly
appreciated.

Tom Hayakawa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Have you tried setting calculation to "Manual"?

<Tools <Options <Calculation tab.
--
HTH,

RD

"Tom Hayakawa" wrote in message
I am having trouble with some spreadsheets I create on one system and then
move over to another system for people to view. Used to be, I would do

this
and you could open the spreadsheet up and see the values. Recently, and

what
changed I don't know, when the spreadsheets are opened I get the #NAME?

error
in all the fields, as if Excel is trying to recalculate upon opening - and
failing, since the spreadsheets were created using Citrix, which doesn't
exist on the second system. How do I keep this from happening - short of
doing a values-only copy of each spreadsheet? Any insight is greatly
appreciated.

Tom Hayakawa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Hi Tom,

If there are different versions of Excel, it sometimes indeed will
recalculate a workbook upon loading
If on the other systems there are missing components (like Analysis Toolpak
not being loaded) you can get #NAME errors.
If the readers don't need to change the workbook, why not use an Excel
viewer?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=EN

mind possible linewraps
--