Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom Hayakawa

Default Excel recalculates on startup?

Thanks - That is a possible solution.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Have you tried setting calculation to "Manual"?

<Tools <Options <Calculation tab.
--
HTH,

RD

"Tom Hayakawa" wrote in message
I am having trouble with some spreadsheets I create on one system and then
move over to another system for people to view. Used to be, I would do

this
and you could open the spreadsheet up and see the values. Recently, and

what
changed I don't know, when the spreadsheets are opened I get the #NAME?

error
in all the fields, as if Excel is trying to recalculate upon opening - and
failing, since the spreadsheets were created using Citrix, which doesn't
exist on the second system. How do I keep this from happening - short of
doing a values-only copy of each spreadsheet? Any insight is greatly
appreciated.

Tom Hayakawa