Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
USGINC

Default How do I track dates?

I track the safety training for our company and we have several that have to
be renewed yearly. I have an Excel spreadsheet the has the dates of the
training but I need to find a way to change the cell color (conditional
format), the only problem I am having is figuring out how to get Excel to
keep up with the current date and the training date and letting me know when
it needs to be done again. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Put =TODAY() in A1 and in B1 put the due date. A1 will update everytime the
worksheet is openned. Now if B1 is greater than A1, then the due date is in
the future and no flag is necessary. If B1 is less than A1, then the due
date is past due and should be flagged.

Select B1 and pull-down:
Format Conditional formatting... and select formula is and enter:

=(B1<A1) then set the background color to something flashy

Adapt this for your your data structure.
--
Gary's Student