Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary D.

Default Suppressing zero value display in print-out

How do I not print 0.000 values.

I am able to hide zero values on the screen with conditional formatting, but
when I print the sheet the zero value cells are printing 0.000, I would like
to have the cells with 0.0000 in them print blank.

Thanks Gary D.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

You should be able to suppress these: Tools Options, select the View tab
and clear the checkbox for 'Zero Values.'
However, I would have expected the conditional formatting to work as well.
Are you certain the result is precisely 0? If not, you'll likely have better
luck with conditional formatting, applying the format if the value is, say,
between -0.0000001 and +0.0000001.
--Bruce

"Gary D." wrote:

How do I not print 0.000 values.

I am able to hide zero values on the screen with conditional formatting, but
when I print the sheet the zero value cells are printing 0.000, I would like
to have the cells with 0.0000 in them print blank.

Thanks Gary D.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary D.

Thanks, Setting the view option worked.

When I set the conditional format to supress the display of zero fields I
matched the background color of the field to the font color, I have shaded
fields to highlight the fields on the screen, thus the font was not set to
white, which would probably not show up on the printout.

Gary D.

"Gary D." wrote:

How do I not print 0.000 values.

I am able to hide zero values on the screen with conditional formatting, but
when I print the sheet the zero value cells are printing 0.000, I would like
to have the cells with 0.0000 in them print blank.

Thanks Gary D.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
edg edg is offline

Gary -

Thanks! Checking these posts are so much easier than trying to reinvent the
wheel. Again Thank you.
--
edg