Wendy B

Default Is there an autofill for all row fields in a pivot table?

Is there a way of having the first cell in each row completed with the field
name. Even though the cell is left blank as the field name is stated above,
having the field name repeated means the pivot table can be pasted elsewhere
and can be another database for another use.
Our Pivot table holds all our YTD actual financial transactions and budget
lines.
At present we foresee the need to reduce the database as the number of rows
in the next few months will be too long for an Excel Pivot table.
So I would like to create a summary pivot table for P1,2 and 3 and then
paste this as the data replacing the detailed and many lines.
Bernie Deitrick

Wendy,

There is no automatic way to do that.

But your can copy the pivot table and pastespecial your values elsewhere.
Then, before changing your selection, simply use Edit | Go To... Special...
Blanks OK, then type =, press the up arrow once, and press Ctrl-Enter.
Reselect the table, and copy pastespecial values, and all those fields will
be filled in with the appropriate values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Wendy B" <Wendy wrote in message
Is there a way of having the first cell in each row completed with the

field
name. Even though the cell is left blank as the field name is stated

above,
having the field name repeated means the pivot table can be pasted

elsewhere
and can be another database for another use.
Our Pivot table holds all our YTD actual financial transactions and budget
lines.
At present we foresee the need to reduce the database as the number of

rows
in the next few months will be too long for an Excel Pivot table.
So I would like to create a summary pivot table for P1,2 and 3 and then
paste this as the data replacing the detailed and many lines.

Frank Kabel

Hi
could you post the formula which you have tried exactly (as I don't see the
old thread). Also what exact error is shown