Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nick

Default Generate an Absolute Date in a Cell

I have to regularly update a spreadsheet with stock prices but can
only do a certain number per day. I therefore need to see the last
time I updated any cell.

I would like to automatically generate an absolute date in the next
column cell showing the date the modification was made. I have looked
at functions such as TODAY() but these will automatically update
whenever I open the worksheet - which I don't want.

Is this possible in excel & ideally without using a macro?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ron

nick wrote:
I have to regularly update a spreadsheet with stock prices but can
only do a certain number per day. I therefore need to see the last
time I updated any cell.

I would like to automatically generate an absolute date in the next
column cell showing the date the modification was made. I have looked
at functions such as TODAY() but these will automatically update
whenever I open the worksheet - which I don't want.

Is this possible in excel & ideally without using a macro?

If you are using the MSN Quote add-in, one of the parameters you can
download is the date & time) of the last trade.

ron