-   -   Generate an Absolute Date in a Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/60848-generate-absolute-date-cell.html)

nick

Generate an Absolute Date in a Cell

I have to regularly update a spreadsheet with stock prices but can
only do a certain number per day. I therefore need to see the last
time I updated any cell.

I would like to automatically generate an absolute date in the next
column cell showing the date the modification was made. I have looked
at functions such as TODAY() but these will automatically update
whenever I open the worksheet - which I don't want.

Is this possible in excel & ideally without using a macro?

JE McGimpsey

Generate an Absolute Date in a Cell

Check out

In article . com,
"nick" wrote:

I have to regularly update a spreadsheet with stock prices but can
only do a certain number per day. I therefore need to see the last
time I updated any cell.

I would like to automatically generate an absolute date in the next
column cell showing the date the modification was made. I have looked
at functions such as TODAY() but these will automatically update
whenever I open the worksheet - which I don't want.

Is this possible in excel & ideally without using a macro?

ron

nick wrote:
I have to regularly update a spreadsheet with stock prices but can
only do a certain number per day. I therefore need to see the last
time I updated any cell.

I would like to automatically generate an absolute date in the next
column cell showing the date the modification was made. I have looked
at functions such as TODAY() but these will automatically update
whenever I open the worksheet - which I don't want.

Is this possible in excel & ideally without using a macro?

If you are using the MSN Quote add-in, one of the parameters you can
download is the date & time) of the last trade.

ron