Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frick

Default Value Return

In cells from C2:K2, some cells have either a number or a letter. What I
like to have is a formula like If(sum(C2:K2) have anything in them numbers,
letters, return value 1, otherwise return 0) It's easy if there are numbers
in any given row, but the letters are throughing me off. How can this be
handled.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rsenn

What do you want your answer to be if some of the cells have numbers,
some have letters, some have blanks, and some have characters other
than numbers and letters, such as the % sign?

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frick

If there is anything in the range I want it to return a value of 1 otherwise
a value of 0.

For example: If(sum(A2:G21,1,0) In this formula if there is any number in
any cell I would be a value of 1 if not I would get a value of 0.

My problem is that in some rows I might not have a number in any given cell
but may have a letter like A or G or whatever. In those rows if any cell
has a letter I need the target formula to still return a value of 1
otherwise 0.

I hope that clears it up.
"rsenn" wrote in
message ...

What do you want your answer to be if some of the cells have numbers,
some have letters, some have blanks, and some have characters other
than numbers and letters, such as the % sign?

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493233

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Try this:

=--(COUNTA(A2:G2)0)

--
HTH,

RD

"Frick" wrote in message
[...]

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rsenn

Okay, try this.

=IF(ISERROR(CODE(A2:G2)),0,1)

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493233

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rsenn

Take that back. I didn't test it sufficiently. It behaves erratically.

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493233