Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyer

Default Value Return

Try this:

=--(COUNTA(A2:G2)0)

--
HTH,

RD

"Frick" wrote in message
If there is anything in the range I want it to return a value of 1

otherwise
a value of 0.

For example: If(sum(A2:G21,1,0) In this formula if there is any number

in
any cell I would be a value of 1 if not I would get a value of 0.

My problem is that in some rows I might not have a number in any given

cell
but may have a letter like A or G or whatever. In those rows if any cell
has a letter I need the target formula to still return a value of 1
otherwise 0.

I hope that clears it up.
"rsenn" wrote in
message ...

What do you want your answer to be if some of the cells have numbers,
some have letters, some have blanks, and some have characters other
than numbers and letters, such as the % sign?

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: